Thursday, July 27, 2006
The One Book Meme
OK I've been tagged. Though I feel my responses will seem a little naf in comparison to Byron and co....
1. One Book that changed your life
The History of Sexuality- Michel Foucoult ( mainly because It assisted me in understanding discourse for the first time ) that and Borderline by Pater Mares that I used as a resource for refugee forums that I was running oh and You are Your Child's First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Darcy. Oh no the whole exercise was about ONE book, oh well...
2. One book you've read more than once
Women Who Run With the Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes
3. One book you would want on a desert island.
Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
4. One book that made you laugh
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
5. One book that made you cry
Would you believe the only book I actually cried reading was The Power of One (Bryce Courtney) that I read when I was 15 - and that was when they killed his chicken?
6. One book you wish had never been written
I don't know what it's called but I found a very right-winged American book at the back of my church once about George Bush's spiritual life/leadership. I secretly hid it - but it's been burnt with the rest of the poor church now anyway.
7. One book you wish had been written
An Australian Indigenous Persons's guide to colonisation - 1787
8. One book you are currently reading
A Trial Separation: Australia and the Decolonisation of Papua New Guinea- Donald Denoon
9. One book you've been meaning to read
Pedagogy of the Oppressed- Paulo Friere